Luxury Belize Highlights - 14 nts
1 nt US, 3 nts rainforest lodge, 3 nts Ambergris Caye, 4 nts Cayo, 3 nts Placencia
This Belize holiday allows time to experience many Belize highlights by visiting four different regions, Orange Walk in the north, the island of Ambergris Caye, the Cayo District in the West and Placencia peninsula on the southern coast.
Mayan highlights can include visiting the scenic Lamanai Mayan ruins, venturing into the Mayan underworld in the cave of Actun Tunichil Muknal, Xunantunich in the Cayo or crossing the border into Guatemala to visit the well excavated Tikal Mayan site.
On Ambergris Caye there is the opportunity to snorkel or dive the Belize Barrier Reef to see spectacular marine life and coral and in the rainforest the chance to see Toucans and Howler monkeys, before finishing your holiday in Placencia for some beach relaxation.
Price from £3,995 per person based on double occupancy
These prices are based on an average flight price of £600 per person and High Season room rates.
- International flights via US
- Internal flights, ground and boat transfers to all hotels
- Superior Garden View thatched cottage at Lamanai Outpost Lodge (BLD)
- Plantation Room at Victoria House (B)
- Double Cottage at Chaa Creek (BLD)
- Ground floor partial oceanview villa at Chabil Mar (B)
- Your choice of two activities per day at Lamanai Outpost Lodge, could include canoeing on lagoon, night spotlight river safari, guided tour of Lamanai Mayan Ruins
- Unlimited onsite activities at Chaa Creek including birdwalks, guided hikes, horse riding, guided canoeing, guided night walks and mountain biking
- Choice of two stop snorkel tour to Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley or Mexico Rocks
- Choice of two full day tours from Chaa Creek which could include guided tour of Tikal or Caracol Mayan Ruins, ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal), Caves Branch River Cave Expedition or guided birdwatching day
- One half day tour from Chaa Creek which could include tour of Xunantunich Mayan Ruins, Barton Creek Cave and Cave Tubing
Day to Day
Below is an example day to day itinerary.
Fly from London to US. Overnight in US (Room only).
Fly from US to Belize International Airport. Met on arrival and transferred to Orange Walk. Travel by boat down the New River to Lamanai Outpost Lodge (BLD) (Approx. 2.5 hrs)
Two further nights at Lamanai Outpost Lodge (BLD). Choose from 2 activities a day that include visit to Lamanai Mayan ruins, kayaking on lagoon, night spotlight river safari, early morning bird walks.
Transfer to Belize City by boat and road and then take a short propeller flight to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. Overnight at Victoria House (Continental Breakfast).
Two further nights at Victoria House (Breakfast). Included during your stay is a choice of snorkel trip, either to Hol Chan Marine Reserve where you will see tropical reef fish, stingrays, nurse sharks, turtles and perhaps a moray eel. Alternatively you can visit Mexico Rocks further north of the island where there are a diversity of soft and hard corals and array of tropical fish.
Short flight back to Belize City then air-conditioned transfer to Chaa Creek in Cayo District via the Belize Zoo (Approx. 2.5 hours drive from Belize City). Overnight at Chaa Creek (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner). *Onsite activities include guided canoeing on Macal river, early morning birdwalks, guided hikes, horse riding, night walks and mountain biking.
Overnight at Chaa Creek (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner). Choice of two full day excursions during your stay. Could include Caracol Mayan Ruins deep in the jungle or crossing the border into nearby Guatemala to visit the majestic Tikal Mayan Ruins or venturing inside the ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal) which was once used by the ancient Mayans for ceremonial purposes (a physical trip). Your stay also includes one half day excursion that could include visiting the nearby Xunantunich Mayan Ruins or canoeing into Barton Creek Cave.
Transfer along the Hummingbird Highway to Placencia to stay at Chabil Mar Villas. Transfer approx. 3.5 hours. Overnight at Chabil Mar Villas (Breakfast).
Two further nights at Chabil Mar Villas (Breakfast). Relax on the beach or enjoy the laid-back village of Placencia with its shops, bars and restaurants. *Optional excursions could include taking a fast boat to the palm dotted tiny outer cayes for a snorkel before and after a BBQ lunch.
Transfer to Belize City by short propeller flight and connect to international flight back to UK via US.
Arrive in UK